You are here > Tenant Info
If you would like to rent a property through Gem Lettings the details are below:
- Please complete an application form and return it to us.
- We will then speak to the landlord and put forward your interest and confirm if they are happy to proceed with your application.
- We then take an initial payment which includes the referencing/administration fee which is £200 including VAT and this covers the preliminary paperwork including the tenancy agreement. Plus we also take a referencing charge of £80 including VAT per person. We also take a holding deposit which will go towards the full deposit when you move in and this is £300 for 1/2/3 bedroom properties and £500 for 4+ bedrooms (all costs are refundable if the landlord cannot proceed).
- Once we receive the above payment the property will be taken off the market so no other viewings will take place.
- We will then start the referencing process. Once we have the references approved we will send you the tenancy agreement which you need to sign and send back to us.
- On the day of your tenancy start date or just before we will need cleared funds for the remained of the deposit and usually one month's rent in advance.
- You will need to set up a standing order for all future rent.
- When we receive your signed tenancy agreement, deposit and the rent in advance we can release the keys on your tenancy start date.
- Your deposit will be held in one of the three tenancy deposit schemes and you will be notified which one in your tenancy agreement.
- Gem Lettings are members of Money Shield which is a Client Money Protection Scheme to ensure your money is safe and protected.
Please call 01727 750122 to discuss our services in further detail.